DAY 33 with Teresa Ann:
(Scroll down to the bottom of this page to see where you can hear this via podcast).
CAUGHT IN THE VERY ACT
I could hear the old hymn, “Great is thy faithfulness”. Evidences of a new day peered subtly through the windows as seemingly all creation was declaring GOD’s glory. Waking up to this natural alarm clock, my spirit led my soul to bless the LORD even before I was fully aware of the new day.
Today’s time stamp was 6:11 am in which I was led to Daniel 6:11. Yes, out of all places, that scripture. So as I opened my Bible, it opened right to the Book of Daniel and as I turned a few pages to chapter 6, here was the scripture, “Then the officials went together to Daniel’s house and caught him praying and asking for GOD’s help.”
Although there’s a continuation of this story as the officials reported him to the king, there was a principle that GOD wanted me to park on as HE highlighted, “If you’re going to get caught doing anything; get caught praying.”
Ha! Isn’t that funny! Now that’s some funny “GOD wit” right there. Isn’t this so true? Think about this, you may or may not know this, but scripture constantly points us to this lifestyle. Here are just a handful of verses:
- Pray without ceasing
- Pray in the spirit at all times (Part of the armor of GOD)
- Where two or more are gathered in HIS name, there HE is in the midst of them
- When you pray, pray like this
- Draw near to GOD and HE will draw near to you
- Meditate (Pray) on GOD’s WORD day and night
Prayer to GOD is not just about us talking; but most of the time in our listening to GOD speak. This is what cultivates intimacy. Intimacy reveals identity in WHO we belong to and who we are in HIM. When we are intimate in HIM and praying HIS WORD, it’s as though we are repeating what HE is saying to us. Sigh…
REFLECTIONS OF THE WORD WITH HOLY SPIRIT:
I Thessalonians 5:17; Ephesians 6:18; Matthew 18:20; Matthew 6:5-15; James 4:8; Psalm 1:2; Joshua 1:8
- Don’t you love how GOD “flipped the script” on getting caught? If you’re going to get caught doing anything, get caught praying! Ha! When you read that, what did you think of?
- How have you been able to live a life of prayer?
- Have you lived a life of misplaced prayer? It’s that kind of self talk where you meditate on everything that could go wrong instead of bringing the conversation to GOD.
- How has praying to GOD and HIS Word made a difference in your life?
- If someone were to catch you in the very act of prayer, would they hear declarations of praise and thankfulness as though it’s already happened?
- Today’s devotional is to cause us to draw closer to GOD and to remember from where our help comes from, from the Maker of heaven and earth.