It happened again…an old hymn came rushing in as a reminder of GOD’s great faithfulness.
Some of the words that came to me this morning, yet again: “Morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed thy hand hath provided, great is thy faithfulness, Lord unto thee.”
There’s no other way to explain but this. The only way I can convey it is that my spirit is so familiar with GOD’s faithfulness – the part of me that knew GOD before I was formed in my mother’s womb; the part that became new when I said YES to JESUS; my spirit man, drenched by Holy Spirit now leads my soul (Mind, will and emotions) and must follow in agreement as my spirit is so adamant to express my spirit’s grateful awe of WHO HE IS.
Think about this, in our English language, faithful is defined as someone who is reliable and WORTHY OF TRUST. WOW! Yes! LORD! You are reliable and beyond worthy of our trust!
Trust is defined as to place confidence in; to give credence to; to believe in; to show confidence in by entrusting them with everything; to be won to confidence.
LORD, as we place our every confidence and believe in YOU; we show we believe by entrusting YOU with our everything as YOU are worthy of our trust. As we meditate on YOUR Word every moment of the day and into the night; our soul only becomes more aligned with what our spirit so vibrantly already knows; LORD! YOU ARE FAITHFUL! You are FAITHFUL to finish the work you have begun. You are the Author and the Finisher of our faith! We let no one have the last word over our lives; only YOU! No one else has the legal right to author what you have already written. NO one can trump you…NO one!
Even those who believe they can self make and self envision; may they truly see their ruin and foolishness through your sweet mercy and goodness that would lead them to repentance, knowing that all along it was your grace that sustained, empowered and caused their steps not to be shaken.
Thank YOU LORD that even those old hymns cause the stirring of my heart to count on your BLESSED ASSURANCE that JESUS YOU are mine because of YOUR AMAZING GRACE that saved my life and taught my heart to fear and grace my fears relieved; how precious that grace appeared the hour I first believed! And YET, that grace is continuously seen even since…to a greater measure!
Thank YOU LORD that YOUR FAITHFUL PROMISES are our Armor and Protection and we would remain so mindful that YOU are our Armor and Protector. Your glory is our rear guard as YOU bless us and keep us; LORD your face shines upon us as YOU are gracious to us; and in your graciousness we can’t help but live a life that pleases you. It’s no longer out of this sacrificial obligation; but this joy of getting to obey as it shows that we trust YOU, no matter what! Thank YOU LORD that you lift YOUR countenance upon us and YOU give us peace for that is WHO you are LORD! Thank YOU LORD that your grace that empowers and encourages causes us to walk boldly as a lion; as we are wise as serpents and harmless as doves; because of our reliance on your Holy Spirit. Thank YOU LORD that YOU are our HOPE! We are steadfast as our souls hope is in YOU as YOU are never failing!
REFLECTIONS OF THE WORD WITH HOLY SPIRIT:
Lamentations 3:23; Romans 12 (Wow); Psalm 91; Numbers 6:24-26; Hebrews 11-12; Matthew 10:16-20; I Corinthians 1:9-11
- You and I can confidently hope in HIM!
- Notice, our hope cannot be misplaced in what we desire; but in HIM who must be our greatest desire.
- What have you waited and hoped for? Did you place so much confidence in it that it took your gaze off the King of glory?
- Did you know that all you need do is repent? It’s so simple. Repentance is a beautiful exchange; it’s not anything but that. “LORD, I am so sorry I placed my confidence in people or an event or in my vision or dream more than YOU. YOU are my HOPE, YOU are my CONFIDENCE. YOU are my ENCOURAGEMENT. Thank you for YOUR forgiveness, I now HOPE in YOU LORD!”
- That’s what repentance looks like; it’s simply turning away from the old and turning forward to HIM.
- Do you have a story/testimony of this very thing that you would like to share? Please do so in the comment section of this blog.