TAKING GOD AT HIS WORD
I say this powerful phrase often, “Taking GOD at HIS WORD”; but what does that truly mean? What does “taking someone at their word” really mean? For me, I describe it like this: It is having this bold confidence in someone’s integrity that when they say something; you know it’s for sure DONE as though it’s written in stone.
In other words, it’s having confidence in their integrity knowing that even beyond what seems undone; I just know it is so because of WHO said it. Even if someone tried to convince me differently, no question could cause doubt because the Character of GOD preceded them.
Well, the same goes as lately I’ve been asking GOD certain things, however when I asked, I would get this thought, “It’s MY Promise to you; it’s yours for the receiving; why are you asking?” I was almost taken back by this as I thought, “Well you said to ask…” In this dialogue, that is when HE showed me something so powerful. I remember sitting in awe as I wondered “What the heck I just heard.” Then I just had to know what HE meant. As I wondered, this thought came: “The promises are not to ever be a part of the asking, here’s why: because it is yours from The Father for the receiving. It’s taking ME at MY Word. The asking and receiving takes place on decisions you are facing. Those decisions are to awaken you to face ME and asking ME what I want you to do. The asking in this sense includes ME into every part of your life. It’s not about asking if you can have something; it’s about asking ME to give you insight in an area of your life that you need revelation of WHO I AM in the midst.”
In this revelatory thought, it caused a “Selah” moment, a seeming HOLY pause.
Then I saw this picture:
Our children who live with us, when they come home, let’s just say from playing outside; they don’t ever have to ask to come inside their own home. Of course if they’re having friends come over, this is different; but if it’s just them, it’s their home. They have this respectful boldness, to know they can freely walk in because they can. In this it reminds me of GOD’s faithful promises that are our armor and protection. As God’s children we can BOLDLY ENTER TO THE THRONE ROOM OF GRACE so that we may do something…that something is this: to receive grace and mercy to help us in our greatest time of need.
If we’re asking for something that has already been promised; it is time to simply receive from HIM. We get to finally take HIM at HIS Word. Even though we are catching up to the unfolding promise that is already complete, we can’t let the unseen tell us that it hasn’t happened. It has! Now it’s up to us to just take GOD at HIS WORD! I give example to this in the podcast that is attached to today’s devotional.
REFLECTIONS OF THE WORD WITH HOLY SPIRIT:
Matthew 7:7-11; Luke 21:33; John 14:12; Hebrews 4:16
- How do you know what GOD’s promises are to know you can just take HIM at HIS WORD?
- This is why reading the Word of GOD, or what I would call your GOD’S LIVING WILL BOOK; HOLY SPIRIT is the Executor of this Living Will and it’s up to us to just receive what is ours so we can reveal to others what is theirs from HIM as well.
- The receiving is more than just to say, “Look what I got”; it’s for this: “Look what I have and look what you can have too.”
- What are some things that HE has promised that you need to finally just receive from HIM?
- The receiving is done by faith, knowing that it’s yours from HIM. And no matter if you see it right away, your receiving from HIM is like an ignitor to seeing the promise fulfilled…and sometimes in ways that is beyond our understanding.
Instagram | @Yehudi_Carpentry