Day 8 with Teresa Ann:
It was the sound of a notification received on my mobile device. As I opened my inbox, I saw an email confirmation from the temp agency I have been working with and representing. When I opened the message it showed what I had agreed to for my next assignment. So here is what was listed in the email:
- company name and job duty
- start date and time
- who to report to
- dress code
Although I report to the supervisors at any given company; the agency who sent me is the one I actually answer to. In this realization, it caused me to think of each of us. Think of how GOD has destined us with a temporary assignment within the earth. HE doesn’t want us to get comfortable and entangled with the world we have been sent into. We were born to make a difference for the better; being “difference makers” that point others back to GOD!
As I arrived to my job today, it was very interesting what I noticed. I was given an assignment to finish and then I would report to that supervisor to receive the next assignment until the day was over. There was no room for distractions or even doing my own thing. There wasn’t time for it. Immediately I was reminded how our days on this earth are numbered. What have we placed our energy toward? Has it been on GOD Who is eternal or have I placed my focus on the temporal things in which moth eat and rust destroys?
As each of us have different assignments for every season, these things remain a commonality:
- We get to reveal our agency of the Kingdom of GOD with HIS love in the form of kindness in the midst of the unkind; forgiveness in the midst of those who attempt to hurt us; revealing GOD’s mercy when it’s undeserved.
- Location? It’s wherever we go.
- Time and date? In and out of season
- Who to report to? Holy Spirit
- Duration? Until we are released; it’s temporary. We are only here as a vapor; here today and gone tomorrow.
- Dress code? Armor of GOD by praying in the Spirit as this causes us to remember that GOD IS OUR ARMOR; HIS FAITHFUL PROMISES ARE OUR ARMOR AND PROTECTION.
- Compensation? 30, 60 and 100 fold return as we have the mindset of sowing seeds of GOD’s love
- Position? Son/Daughter of GOD
As I draw these parallel’s together; although funny, it’s so true, isn’t it?
REFLECTION OF THE WORD WITH HOLY SPIRIT:
Micah 6:8; Luke 6:27-38; Matthew 5:44-48; Romans 12:9-21; II Timothy 2:4; II Timothy 4:2; James 4:14; Ephesians 6:10-20; Psalm 45:9-11; II Corinthians 6:18
I strongly encourage you to have a journal and write your thoughts down. Make sure you even time and date what you wrote so when you look back, you will be in awe, yet again of our GOD (It’s the principle of Habakkuk 2:2).
Are you thinking about your life right now?
What are some ways to stay closer to the Father GOD?
What are some areas of your life that have been given way too much value?
In the scope and realm of eternity; what are some areas that you can give over to The Lord?
Have we considered to look at our job as a mission field? If so, we will begin to see people and their value even more than needing a job for a pay check.
What would you like to share? Please comment below…